Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lil Chic can spell!

Yeah, JOY! Little Chic can spell and man, she is goooood. I really thought I still had a bit of 'time' left...you know the time Im talking about....where you can talk to someone and spell out half of it as to not 'clue' the kid in on what you are talking about.
Well, those days are over fo' sho fo' me!
Earlier, the Hub was whining about his stomach hurting. Well, being how I had worked my first job from 6:30-8:30 (Mommy to 2 kids), then my 2nd job from 8:30-5:00 and my THIRD job at a local store from 5:00-9:00, then back to job 1 until just a bit ago...I was running low on sympathy. SO, I spelled out the P word. Yeah, I shouldnt have, but I DID. Its done, cant take it back. It is what it is.
Lil Chic looks at me and says, "whats a p****?" But she doesnt pronounce it like its pronounced....she says it like that deodorant Tussy. Or HUSSY. ha ha
I immediately began to back peddle and try to convince her that is NOT what I spelled. Yeah, she's pretty smart for a 7 yr old.....i'm thinkin she's on to me..........

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty sad and funny at the same time. My two oldest are beginning to understand what I'm spelling out. Dang the luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you picked one that she mispronounced! You could have spelled several others that only have one way to pronounce them. On the bright side, maybe she'll win a national spelling bee competition one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah....im definately thinking *KNOWING* my days of spelling are O-V-E-R. dayum. :(

    ReplyDelete